Welcome to mac4xp’s blog, in today’s post, we have something new to share with you.we are going to tell you How To Crop a Screenshot On your Macbook in 2024 (4 free method)
Often for any task or work-related matter, you need to take screenshots on your device from any video or other photos. However, in several instances, the full screenshot may not be required or it may contain irrelevant to the context or sensitive information that you need to crop the screenshot, and thus cropping is essential.
But merely taking a screenshot alone is not sufficient and thus all the users of Macbook need to know how to effectively crop a screenshot on your macbook.
Thus, if you are also a macbook user and want to know how you can crop a screen on your macbook, then by following this article you can know about the ways to crop a screenshot on your macbook.
Here are 4-Free Methods for cropping a screenshot on your Mac (Easy Guide)
After taking a screenshot on your macbook, there are a few ways in which you can crop a screenshot on your macbook. One of the easiest ways to crop a screenshot on your macbook is to use the command+shift+4 keys. However, apart from this, there are a few other ways which are as follows:
Method #1. By using the Mac preview.
One of the easiest ways in which you can crop a screenshot on your macbook is by using the Mac preview. By using the preview app, you can view the photos, and also pdfs, and apart from helping you to edit your pictures,you can also crop the screenshots by:
⮚Double-click on the screenshot that you want to crop, and then once the preview app opens the screenshot, click on the “pencil tip icon“ located near the search bar.
⮚After clicking on the “pencil tip icon”, the markup tools will be displayed to you and then you simply need to click and drag on the area on the screenshot which you want to crop.
⮚After you have finished making the selection, select “tools” from the taskbar and click on the crop Hence, your screenshot will be cropped accordingly.
Method #2. Use the keyboard shortcut keys.
Before proceeding to the discussion of how to crop a screenshot on your macbook, it is essential to know first how to take a screenshot easily on a macbook. If you want to capture a screenshot on your macbook, then the process is very simple and easy.
Everything that you need to need to take the screenshot on your Mac operating system is simply pre-installed on your system and there are a few keyboard shortcuts with the help of which you need to take a screenshot on your macbook. The keyboard shortcuts are as follows:
- Command+shift+3: To take a screenshot on your macbook, you need to press these keys simultaneously and then the screenshot image will be saved automatically on your desktop.
- Command+shift+4: Another keyboard shortcut for taking screenshots on your Macbook is by using the command, shift, and 4 numeric keys. You need to “press these simultaneously” and then crosshair will appear and thereby it will enable you to select the area which you want to capture.
- Command+shift+4+space: This is another keyboard shortcut that you can use to take screenshots, for this you need to select the active window which you need to capture then press these four keyboard shortcuts simultaneously.
Method #3. Use the photos Album app to crop a screenshot.
By using the photos app on your macbook, you can also seamlessly crop a screenshot on your macbook. The photo album app is an in-built tool in the Mac operating system for viewing images and videos and it is also used as a basic photo editing tool.
With the help of the photo album app you can crop a screenshot on your macbook in the following manner:
- In the first step, you need to right-click on the screen which you need to crop and then select open with and then click on photos
- In the “photo album app“, in the top right-hand corner, you can find the “edit button“ and click on it
- In the edit window, click on the “crop button“ situated at the top portion.
- Then, “move the borders accordingly to crop” the screenshot as per your requirements.
Method #4. using the cropping tool.
If you want to crop a screenshot on your macbook, but you are facing with the problem of why can’t I crop a screenshot on mac, then there might be some problem with the above-mentioned methods.
However, there is a cropping tool in the Macbook that makes the task of cropping an image very simple as well as faster. Thus, by following the below-mentioned steps you can easily crop an image on your macbook with the help of a cropping tool:
- After taking the screenshot using any above method, just open images in Photo album apps.
- choose the “markup tool icon”.
- When the toolbar opens, click on the “crop icon”.
- Effectively “crop the screenshot as per your requirement” and then click on done when finished with cropping.
Frequency Questions and Answers (FAQS)
Question: How can I edit a screenshot on a MacBook?
- Answer: You can edit screenshot in your macbook with various tools like snipping tools, and other options. Similarly, you can also use the photos app to edit your screenshot.
Question: Which is the best free screenshot app for Macbook that I can use to crop and edit my picture?
- Answer: You will find many free screenshot apps on your apps store, one of which is Nimbus Screenshot, With the help of this tool, you can easily take screenshots and crop and edit them. This is a completely free app and You can easily download it from the Apple store.
Question: What steps should I take after capturing a screenshot of an image?
- Answer: Once, you have taken the screenshot from the image that you need, you can easily crop and remove the irrelevant part of the screenshot by using snipping tools in your macbook. Among these one of the most convenient ways to crop a screenshot is the preview of the photo, however, there are also some keyboard shortcuts and certain online third-party apps that you can use to crop a screenshot on your macbook.
Tips💡: Use the keyboard shortcut to crop and screenshot because this is the easiest way and saves your time and it works on all MacBooks.
Thus, we hope that by now you would have got a comprehensive idea about how to crop a screenshot on your macbook. In this article,
we discussed about various ways to crop a screenshot on the macbook and we have also discussed the step-by-step process of each method in detail which will guide you to choose the appropriate method as per your convenience and thus, crop any screenshot on the macbook with ease.
NEXT READ THIS: